Ever seen those photos of stunning Norwegian fjords on Instagram and thought; “Wow, that’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen”. Guess what, it’s even more epic in real life. Here’s your chance to join a retreat where you not only get to explore these captivating mountains, they will become your new office view. We’ll be camping in the fjord-village of Florli in close proximity to three world renown hiking destinations; The Pulpit rock, Kjerag bolt and Florli stairs. Lonely Planet ranks the Pulpit rock as “one of the greatest hikes in the world”, and the Flori stairs holds the record as the longest wooden staircase in the world with it’s 4444 stair accent. Yes, we do belive there’s an adventure ahead.
We’re a group of digital workers looking to spend a few hour every day getting some work done then spending the morning or afternoon to hike and explore the vast mountain ranges of Lyse. You can participate on your own terms, choose to work whenever suits you and join group activities whenever you feel like it. However, if you don’t particularly like hiking this isn’t the retreat for you.
- Accommodation in apartments of 3 bedrooms each and working space in the old school building in Florli.
- Food is all inclusive. A foodbox per apartment + a meal plan for the week will be provided. Cooking, cleaning and eating will be done together.
- Access to the city based co-working space www.innovationdock.no at any time
- Local SIM cards will be distributed so you can roam on the local 3G/4G network.
- You will have the opportunity to connect with our mentors during your stay either physically or virtually
Fly into Stavanger, Norway. You will then proceed taking the Airport Shuttle bus which leaves every 15 minutes to downtown Stavanger.
A boat will be chartered to ferry us to Florli.
There is no fitness level required to join this retreat, and anyone can do the hikes to the Pulpit rock, Kjerag bolt, Florli stairs, and the Nye Skåpet cabins. However, these are Norwegian – not American – style trails and you should expect rough terrain and sometimes steep accents. All of the hikes are between 2-5 hours in length in normal tempo.